Her Dress // Her Boots // Her Socks // Her Cuff // His Tee // His Denim // White Makeup // Black Makeup: Eye Liner, Eye Shadow, Pigment, & Cream // Photog: Gabe Johnson
Whats up spooks?! HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS!
The older I get, the more fun I have with costumes & makeup on this wicked holiday! I love buying a costume/clothes that I would regularly wear, and just spicing it up with some good accessories & makeup! (Remember my pink unicorn from last year?! Same concept!)
This year I headed to Lulus for my skeleton costume needs and found this black velvet dress! Perfect for Halloween & even more perfect to wear out on a date night! I totally scored with this dress! I also adore these boots and socks which I also scored at Lulus! (Also, if you remember my unicorn costume last year, it was all Lulus as well! They’re simply the best!)
For Chases costume, we decided that black on black was the way to go! Hole-y + distressed tee & jeans + the skell makeup and he’s good to go!
I did our halloween makeup this year and it is in no way professional! But, after a few years of testing out Halloween makeup, I do have a few tips for you guys!
1. Find a picture of Halloween makeup you like and copy it as best as you can! I continually look at the picture while doing my Halloween makeup and it helps a ton!!!!
2. Use as much real makeup as possible! (Aka don’t use the cheap stuff from the grocery store unless you have to!) Real makeup stays in place better, looks better, and feels better than the cheap Halloween makeup! (We did use cheap white cream that we found for $1.00 at target, but it was hard to work with! If you can find actual white makeup.. it’s going to look so much better!) You can shop the makeup we used/the makeup I recommend for this look below!
3. Apply the makeup how you would regular makeup! Use brushes, bake your foundation, add detail, & BLEND the crap out of lines! I used foundation brushes, eye liner brushes, liquid eyeliner pens, and a beauty blender to complete our faces!
4. TAKE YOUR SWEET TIME! Sure, you can throw the look on in 5 minutes, but if you go slow and pay attention to detail, it’s going to look soo much better! It took us 25 minutes to do our faces, and I honestly could have done better if I had the time!
5. HAVE FUN! Be creative, get crazy, accentuate your features, and be unique! No two skells should be alike. (;
Thanks for stopping by guys! Wishing you all a spooky good night! Happy Halloween everyone!!!! <3 Love you all!